Set yogurt from last night for breakfast. The yogurt was still warm when I ate with figs and honey:)
Have you tried natto on a toast? Divine… 🙂
Coriander omlet with tomato sauce, Matcha hot chocolate and toasts. This is one of my typical day off brunch.
This is my first food 😉
I eat soba noodle so often. I use it substitute of pasta. Boil Soba noodle and add simmered Hijiki and Natto.
So easy and yummy dish.
Three kinds of Mushroom and veges, Coconut milk, Lemongrass, Kaffir lime, curry spices
I love matcha so much, hope you do too! I add Matcha powder for my breakfast smoothie, pancake, yogurt, ice cream etc etc.. It maintains my energy level really well and keeps me going 🙂
I went for a walk to near nature reserve this morning and picked lots of Black berries. I made simple pancakes with Chocolate with Kinako or Roasted soy flour. It tastes bit nutty than normal flour and of course much healthier.
- 2 cups water
- A 3-5cm piece good-quality (dark and thick leaf) kombu
- Wipe the Kombu with damp cloth.
- Soak the kombu in water and keep it in the fridge.
- Bring to a boil over high heat kombu and water in large saucepan with lid.
- Once it boiled, reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until water reduces 25% for about 20 minuets. The colour should be clear green.
- Add enough cold water to bring liquid back to original volume.
- Remove kombu – you can keep in the fridge up to 3 days.
Simple & healthy traditional Japanese dish. My old time favourite!
- Egg large 1
- Dashi 120cc
- Mirin Tea spoon 1/2
- Soya sauce Tea spoon 1/2
Your favorite vegetables: i.e
- shiitake mushroom 2
- Carrot 1
- Runner beans 4
- Spinach 4 small leaves
- Ginko nuts few
- Slice vegetables thinly
- Beat egg in a bowl and add dashi, mirin and soya sauce and mix very well.
- Sieve the liquid well.
- Place the vegetables in a big mug cup and add the sieved liquid slowly.
- Break bubbles on surface.
- Wrap cups with foil as a lid
- Bring to a boil in a large pan up to the half cup.
- Once it boil, reduce heat to very low and add the cups in the pan and cover lid for 7mins
- Turn the heat off, keep the lid on and another 7 mins.
If you know how to make Dashi(soup stock) then you can make most of Japanese dish. This is one of the method in vegetarian(vegan)version.
- 2 medium or 1 big dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2cups of water
- Pinch of salt
- Soy sauce 1table spoon
- Sake 1table spoon
- Soak the shiitake mushroom in water. Keep it in the fridge.
- Pour the mushroom and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil and simmer for 5-8mins
- Remove the shiitake and add the other ingredients and simmer for another 5 minutes. You can use the mushroom for other dish as well.