Love this sweet desert! We usually deep fry but I use minimum oil in my recipe instead! Daigaku means university and imo means potatoes. Around early 1900 years, a poor student started to make and sell this dish in front of his University to earn money. That where the name after..? Sweet potatoes are full of Vitamin C. Those minerals covered with starch so that less lose by heat. Skin of them have antioxidant property so don’t throw away!
- Sweet potatoes 400g
- Oil 1Tbs
- Unrefined Sugar 4Tbs
- Honey 1Tbs
- Soysauce 1Tbs
- Water 2Tbs
- Black sesame seed a bit
- Wash sweet potato well and cut in 2-3cm chunks and soak them in water for about 10mins.
- Drain water and steam them until soft –if you can stub with fork means ready. It takes about 10-15mins usually.
- Fry the potato with oil a bit.
- Add sugar, honey, soy sauce and water.
- All potatoes covered with sauce, remove from pan.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and ready to eat!