Natto is one of a Japanese super food! Its originated and traditional food in Japan. It’s a fermented food made of soya beans and rich in natural enzyme. Well I met only few Non Japanese people who like it as it has a certain characteristic flavor and sticky texture like a spider web! Put you off?? 🙂 Its traditionally eaten with rice but you can add it on toast or pasta too.
- Dried organic soya beans 400g
- A pack of natto – usually frozen (you can buy from Oriental shop)
- Water enough to cover whole beans
What you need:
- Few plastic containers 3cm deep
- Clean tea towels
- Thermos cool box
- Hot bottles
- Wash beans and soak over night.
- Boil beans until get soft. It usually takes few hours.
- Drain water and add the packet of frozen natto while its hot and mix really well.
- Put them in the containers and cover with tea towel- do not cover the lid.
- Keep them in a warm for 18hours to 24hours in warm place! e.g. above boiler. I usually use hot bottles.