I had a huge crave of anpan(adzuki beans bun) today! Since I have some yomogi(mugwort) powder from Japan, I decided to add it too. Not great photos but green coloured pastry and aduki beans filling inside! 🙂
How to make..?
- 220g Wholewheat Spelt flour(or regular flour)
- 130ml Almond Milk (or any kind of milk)
- 25g Unrefined Sugar
- 25g Coconut Oil(or Butter)
- 10g Dried Yeast
- 10g Salt
- 10g Yomogi Powder
- few sesame seeds
Making adzuki filling:
- 250g Adzuki beans
- 500ml water
- 80g Unrefined Sugar
- a Kombu sheet
- pinch of salt
Place the beans, water,salt and Kombu in a pan and bring to a boil and simmer until beans soft. You may add some water time to time to prevent burning. Add sugar once beans are soft. Make sure the filling is not too watery.
- Mix warm milk, sugar and Yeast in a bowl. Add flour and oil and knead it for about 10 mins.
- Add yomogi powder and salt and knead it more.
- Leaven it for few hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/392F or gas mark 6.
- Divided into 6 balls and leave them another half an hour or so until leaven.
- Flatten them and place aduki filling in the middle.
- wrap it up. Allow them to leaven bit more.
- Sprinkle few sesame seeds on tops.
- Bake for 20mins.
- Bon appetit!